Domain Level Transfer

Forum rules, news and updates will all be posted in here. It's also the place for members to post feedback and bug reports.

Domain Level Transfer

Postby LordPsycho on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 am

Hey - friendly neighborhood soon-to-be former admin here.

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I and Lady Sprite have agreed to a transfer of all material, databases, and domains that are included in Creaturetopia to her. She will be hosting Creaturetopia from here soon, and as such will be given head admin status.

I have talked to the boards other founder, Danikat, and she approves of this measure wholeheartedly. Treesprite is much more involved in the community, can can also bring a whole collection of rare downloads to the place (which wouldn't hurt traffic either). We feel this is the best move, as quiet honestly, I don't have the time I once did.

For those of you who may be wondering, I am currently looking for someone to take over hosting of Blackstar as well, and have a few leads on that. But until something is more curtain on the fate of blackstar, I refuse to speculate on what will become of it.

Again, thank you all for your hard work, you are the reason this site thrives.
DP
LordPsycho
Site Admin

Re: Domain Level Transfer

Postby TreeSprite on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am

I apologize for not posting sooner as to what is going to be happening to Creaturetopia in the very near future. I am currently ill, and fighting to manage to even post. I should be fine shortly, no worries. :) I will be more available to the members, and can answer questions as soon as the Dr. allows.

In the meantime, DP and I have begun the process of ensuring that the move of the physical files that make up Creaturetopia will go as smoothly as possible. At the first you probably won't notice much in the way of changes other than a few days of problems with connecting until the domain transfer updates all over the net. We do not forsee any problems or difficulties with this that are outside the realm of the normal.

Later on down the road, the entirety of the database of downloadable files, and the knowledgebase on TheGrove will be transferred into Creaturetopia to allow everyone one stop to pickup whatever they need. File uploads will be opened to the community through Creaturetopia so that everyone can easily enjoy content that is made by future developers. This also means that the CCSF members/planners should have an easy place to plan, post, and celebrate if they choose to do so.

Any questions? Just post here. :) At the moment I think you could mention that the forum is about to change hands, and let everyone know that there's no need to panic just yet. ;)
Fae folk keep secrets too.
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby TreeSprite on Sun May 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Is anyone still here moderating? Or is everyone busy because it's end of the school year? Is there questions, comments, or objections about the planned domain transfer? Does anyone have any ideas about what could be done after the move to improve Creaturetopia?
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby Ghosthande on Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorry, I'd have commented sooner but the past few days have been really hectic IRL.

It is kind of sad in a way to see Creaturetopia moving away from Blackstar, but I'm glad to hear it's being passed on to someone as capable as Treesprite. I don't have any questions at the moment but I do look forward to seeing where the forum is headed.
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby SpaceShipRat on Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm here... I just don't know what to say. Ty Treesprite for taking on the site!
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Postby Officer 1BDI on Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Sorry for the belated reply!

I have no objections regarding this move. I'm sad to see DP stepping aside, but I know the forum will be in capable hands. :)
You have to be honest with yourself when you are writing. If that leads to somewhere unexpected then perhaps you really needed to go there.
-- Jim Adkins
Officer 1BDI

Postby TreeSprite on Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Lord Psycho is no longer able to keep up the hosting of the Creaturetopia forums, and after some discussion between LP, Danikat, and myself, the hosting has been passed to me. The forum will remain as it is currently with all permissions, moderators, and adminstrators. Danikat will retain ownership of the forum, and the Creatures Community will remain able to access all features as they were prior to the hosting change.

Currently the forum is set and ready to go, but DP is nowhere to be found, and thus Danikat and I do not have any way to ensure that the domain Creaturetopia.org will point properly to the new address space before the hosting is set to expire on 1st June, 2010. Hopefully LP will return soon so that we can complete the changeover and http://creaturetopia.org will once again point to the proper address on which the forum is hosted. However, should he not be able to be reached, I am posting now to say that as of this posting, the Creaturetopia forum is properly backed up and running at the following address: http://ctopia.treesprite.com

Thank you,
TreeSprite
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby LordPsycho on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Well, other than getting the creaturetopia domain pointing to the new server, it looks like Lady sprite has everything sorted out. As such, I humbly request she downgrade me to a regular member, befitting my new role here.

To everyone else, it has been a priviledge and an honor to server as your admin here. I hope to start working back into creatures, but I can make no promises. Understand that I am not abandoning you, but rather transferring you to what are probably some of the most capable hands in the CC. I know Lady Sprite believes in the concept and spirit in which this forum was founded, and will work to make it the best possible experience for all involved.

So, as my final message as an admin, I have only one thing to say:

LordPsycho
Site Admin

Postby SpaceShipRat on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Gods I missed this place for the few hours it took to move :D Thank you DP, for hosting the site when you could, no one can hold it against you if you have life to do.
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Postby Danikat on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for all the time and work you've put in DP. This place honestly wouldn't exist without you.
Danikat
Site Admin

Postby Nidking on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Not being a regular, I'm not sure if it is my right to be here, but I shall nonetheless give my opinion.

I am sorry to hear that our administrator has to step down, but it is good to see we have an exceptionally trustworthy member take the banner and carry on. The creatures community here will continue to live on so long as we have this stable administration in place.

It is a shame to lose one, but it is reassuring to see another willing to help us. I will not pretend to know Treesprite or LP, because I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting them. I do know Danikat, to an extent, and I know anyone she can trust, I can trust to carry on the community name. Good luck to all three of you, and thank you so much for carrying on this wonderful community, which, from my own experience (albeit limited) is most certainly the kindest, most respectful, loving community to grace the internet. We might be arguably few, but it's an honour to get to know all of you.

I wish you all luck in the upcoming future. We have new admins, and let's all wish them well in their new responsibilities.

-Nidking
My very reason for living is because of the animals.
I am on this miserable planet only for them.
So when all the animals of this world have been destroyed by humans,
My one reason for living will be gone.
Nidking

Location: In a universe where Humans are gone and I live alone with my Animal friends.

Postby Danikat on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 am

I just want to add, by way of reassurance, that whilst hopefully situations like this won't be common the forum will always have at least one active admin keeping an eye on things and at least one other admin who might not be actively working on anything but who will be avaliable to step in when needed. It's also backed up in a couple of places so even if the whole thing did go down we could get it back.
Danikat
Site Admin

Postby 3kul on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:14 am

Not much I can really say to add to this topic that hasn't already been said, but I still want to say it all the same.

I know that I've butted heads with you on a few occasions DP, but when it comes down to it you did a damn good job whenever you could, and when you couldn't take care of things deep down we all know that it wasn't because you didn't want to. I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done for Blackstar, Creaturetopia and the Evil Council, they've all provided me with years of entertainment and enjoyment that I'll never forget and I've met some truly amazing people through all of them. I wish you all the best for the future and I hope that you'll drop by whenever you get the chance to say hello :)

LordPsycho wrote:For those of you who may be wondering, I am currently looking for someone to take over hosting of Blackstar as well, and have a few leads on that. But until something is more curtain on the fate of blackstar, I refuse to speculate on what will become of it.

If we were talking about this a year ago I would have leapt at the opportunity to take Blackstar off your hands, but unfortunately these days I barely have the time to be a regular presence on any forums, let alone moderate or administrate :(. I have mentioned it on the EC forums though, which I hope will help get you one or two more interested parties.

EDIT: I've now also posted a thread about this over on Blackstar.

Finally, a big thanks to Treesprite for taking over Ctopia. You didn't have to, especially considering that you already have your own CC forum, but you did anyway, and I'm sure that a lot of people, myself included, really appreciate you doing so. I'm sure that you'll do a fantastic job as admin, and I look forward to seeing Ctopia continue to flourish under your supervision :mrgreen:
Kudos to Spykkie for finding my lost avatar :D
3kul

Return to Announcements & Reports