Forum Makeover Time!!! :D

Forum rules, news and updates will all be posted in here. It's also the place for members to post feedback and bug reports.

Re: Forum Makeover Time!!! :D

Postby SpaceShipRat on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:40 am

beach theme, beach theme! ^.^
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Postby Ghosthande on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:31 am

I like the third.
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby 3kul on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:15 pm

They're all quite nice, but I think that the second is my favourite :)
Kudos to Spykkie for finding my lost avatar :D
3kul

Postby Tarlia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:01 am

I, too, am in favour of the second.
Tarlia

Postby mea on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 pm

the second is my favorite as well
mea

Postby Ghosthande on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 am

Here's another resource I just found for anyone looking for complementary color combinations: the Color Wizard.
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby Grendel Man on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:56 am

I was browsing Smashboards the other day and came across something that could potentially be a good idea here.

If a thread there hasn't been posted in for a month or so, a notice pops up above the quick reply box stating the fact and that tells the reader to make sure that he/she isn't bumping the thread without a good reason. Given that some members of the community, particularly newcomers, seem to like bumping threads without checking the date first, I thought that implementing such a system here could cut down on unwanted thread necromancy. Then again, thread necromancy seriously irks me, so I suppose everyone else could have a different opinion.

As for the banners that have recently been posted, I personally prefer the first. The second one is nice too, though.
ImageImage
Grendel Man

Postby sander on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:31 am

I updated my logo suggestion, but I don't think it matters anymore since ylukyn's seem to be much more popular. The third is my favorite from his/her set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sander

Postby Ghosthande on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

I'd love to see yours used, Sander. I like the layout and the little handprint is just great.

And this isn't a popularity contest. We're not going to pick one title or one person's work as "the best" and discard all the others, we want a little variety. The more we have to choose from the merrier. ;)
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby TreeSprite on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:04 am

Quite right! I like the new one Sander! And I appreciate having some variety to choose from. :)
Fae folk keep secrets too.
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby Merboy on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 am

I made three so you can see the versatility of the colors (in case it needs to be changed). The design is simple and clean but still cutesy.
Merboy

Postby SpaceShipRat on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:32 pm

I like the colors but it's too abstract, you don't get the proper "Creatures" vibe.
SpaceShipRat

Postby Jessica on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Hmm, I might just make an attempt at a banner design! Are submissions still open? Wouldn't want to jump in and realize that the process is further along. At a glance, there are a bunch of nice designs already sent in! Great work everyone!
Jessica

Postby SpaceShipRat on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 pm

no, feel free to jump in!
SpaceShipRat

Postby TreeSprite on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Design submission is open! Submit away... I'm rather busy just now, and can't get as much done on this as I would like, so in the meantime the more ideas that are put in, the more awesome will be put in later when I do. I'm just glad everyone is excited to add something. :D
Fae folk keep secrets too.
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby Jessica on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Any thoughts on this banner proposal? I had the idea of replacing the "O" with an egg: A full grown C1 egg would actually fit perfectly, but I've had no luck in finding an image with a transparent background. I have the tiny eggs... But a small one looks a little odd in that spot! I also thought of adding a few living beings around the text: Possibly a Norn and a Grendel? Or I can scrap the idea and let the real designers get to work!

Note that the image size is a little on the large side: It can be resized down to around 150-200 pixels high without a problem. It is also cut off on the boards: The direct link to it can be found here.

Hope this helps in the search for a new Creaturetopia layout!

Jessica

Postby Telinome on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Looks awesome! I think an Egg-O would fit perfectly. Creatures might make it too cluttered though. I like it how it is.
Perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
Telinome

Postby SpaceShipRat on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 am

I think the O hole shaped like an egg would be perfect. Also i think the colour blends in a little too much, otherwise it's my favourite by far.
SpaceShipRat

Postby ternarylogic on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am

If you need some transparent egg images, I can make them for you. They aren't hard to do. Nice font, would look good on a desert background. What's it called?
ternarylogic

Postby Jessica on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks for the comments! I'm going to try to figure out how to get an egg in there: It WILL happen! I experimented with a bunch of color combinations with the name, because I agree that it blends a bit too much. When I get the egg in that spot, I'll also post a couple of other color options.

The ideal egg image is one from C1 where the blobby shadow can be glimpsed inside: I'll also try to find some other Creatures eggs. If anyone has any full-grown or nearly full-grown egg photos with no background, I would greatly appreciate it if they could be posted!

Any ideas on what color to use? One option is to have the text outlined in white, rather than brown/black, which makes it pop a bit more. I wanted to go for a natural carved stone look to mimic the surroundings... But everything can be easily changed!

Hopefully we get some other designs, too: It's always nice to have options!
Jessica

Postby ternarylogic on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 am

Any good?

ternarylogic

Postby Jessica on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Those are perfect! Thank you so much! I rather prefer the red and yellow striped egg since it pops out a lot... And I also have a personal preference for it, especially after starting my latest C1 world!

I should be able to have an updated design posted within the next couple of days. Feel free to continue with the comments: This is, after all, supposed to be a design that everyone will enjoy in some way. I'd still love to see other designs, or read any other suggestions/critiques.

Thank you again, Ternarylogic!
Jessica

Postby Jessica on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

So I got a little overexcited and decided to try out the updated design... Since the images still get cut off, it's probably easiest to simply click on the below links. They're all the same, save for the Creaturetopia color: Brown, green, and a vibrant yellow are shown for comparison. Any preferences or other suggestions?

Brown Design

Green Design

Yellow Design

Thanks again for the egg image!
Jessica

Postby Ghosthande on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:18 pm

I think the green one is too hard to see... the text kind of fades into the background. I really like how the brown one complements the background colors, but I also think the egg looks better with the yellow text.
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby Jessica on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I think I made some progress this time. Any better, Ghosthande?

Light Yellow

Halo Effect

Apparently I take about 50 revisions before I like where I'm headed with designs. Ha ha! Only trying to make this design a decent possibility for the new logo and whatnot... I doubt anyone would love exactly what I like. Definitely drew some inspiration from the previously sent in designs! I wonder if it would be possible to somehow utilize a little bit of each, in some way. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions!
Jessica

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & Reports