The Loss of the GameWare Forums

Forum rules, news and updates will all be posted in here. It's also the place for members to post feedback and bug reports.

The Loss of the GameWare Forums

Postby Embri on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 am

vBulletin Message
The forum is closed until further notice as there is no-one currently available to moderate. Should the situation change, a notification will be posted here.

I ... don't know what to say, except... I saw it coming. Doesn't make it any less of a shock. :(
Here's to hoping GW is willing to pick a moderator for the forum and get it back on track, and isn't shutting down for good.

It doesn't sound hopeful.
Image Image Image Image Image
Embri

Re: The Loss of the GameWare Forums

Postby NeoDement on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Well, finally. Guess this will be my new home. I can't help but think this could have been EXTREMELY easily avoided if they hadn't ignored every single warning and bit of advice the community gave them.
DEMENTCHILD IS DUMB

GENERATION fag: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
NeoDement

Postby 3kul on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:58 pm

NeoDement wrote:I can't help but think this could have been EXTREMELY easily avoided if they hadn't ignored every single warning and bit of advice the community gave them.

Too true man, too true. God only knows why, but Gameware seems hellbent against allowing the CC to have a real say in how the forums are run. :?

Well it's hardly surprising. Once again Gameware's taken the easy way out, just like when they did the temporary close and removed the AOT and RP sections. I doubt we'll be seeing a mod come along anytime soon, because as we all know finding a decent mod is like searching for a rare and endangered- Oh wait, no it isn't, it's actually really easy. You find someone who wants to do it (at this stage, just about anybody in the CC) and isn't a jerk about it (again, just about anybody in the CC) and then you give them the job!

No, it's much easier for Gameware to close up shop for a while and hope that all the bad people forget that it exists. It'll be even easier for them to never come back, but who knows, maybe somebody in Gameware will finally decide to listen. If they ever do, I'd certainly go back to at least check it out though (as if they do it right, it'll make the place infinitely more appealing in my eyes).
Kudos to Spykkie for finding my lost avatar :D
3kul

Postby Norn-mania on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:55 am

Heh, too true 3kul. I can't help but fear that if we do get the forums back, rather then have it properly moderated it'll be a have your post approved system. And if it's seen to as much as gameware has been in the past, that may be a post a month.

Either that or it will have ridiculously tight rules. *shrugs* Wait and see I suppose.
Norn-mania

Postby NeoDement on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm

I'd say it's more likely to come back exactly the same as it just was, and everyone pretends like they're gonna be better this time, then forgets within a week.
DEMENTCHILD IS DUMB

GENERATION fag: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
NeoDement

Postby hearthlight on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I personally don't think it's ever coming back... Which is sad, because it's the easiest forums for people new to Docking Station and creatures in general to find. It was there that I learned about the existence of the CC and third party breeds.
"Love is the fire of life, it either consumes or purifies."
hearthlight

Postby Danikat on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 am

I don't think Gameware really needed new rules at all, it already had rules in place. The problem was there weren't clearly defined or displayed so many people didn't know or understand them and they weren't enforced.

A topic with the rules laid out in clear english and a couple of moderators to enforce them, same set up as every other decent forum, would have solved the problem in time.
Danikat
Site Admin

Postby Godless Heathen on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 am

The worst part about the shutdown is that many things that are staples of the Creatures Community were linked from those forums, or even uploads hosted right there. As long as the forums are shut down, those posts and links are out of reach of the community. :cry:
Retreat from coding. Me intensely scared.
Godless Heathen

Postby Zzzzoot on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 pm

I agree, the loss of the history in the forums is deviating. I wonder if gameware would be willing to open the forums is a read-only mode.
"Some network administrators feel that the best way to accelerate a Windows system is at 9.81 meters per second squared."
~Unknown
If you got that you are officially a geek smart.
Zzzzoot

Postby Don on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 am

I agree... Lisa could have disabled posting but left the forum open to reading and searching, as there was a lot of useful support threads there too.

I would probably presume the forums may not open again now as GW said in the past they would not get community members to moderate it and couldn't afford to pay staff members to. Its up to up to keep going on our own now.
Don

Postby Devour on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 am

3kul wrote:No, it's much easier for Gameware to close up shop for a while and hope that all the bad people forget that it exists. It'll be even easier for them to never come back, but who knows, maybe somebody in Gameware will finally decide to listen. If they ever do, I'd certainly go back to at least check it out though (as if they do it right, it'll make the place infinitely more appealing in my eyes).

Dude, you're psychic.
Devour

Postby SpaceShipRat on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 am

What? the forum is still closed.
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Postby 3kul on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 am

It's not like I have to be Nostradamus to make a prediction like that though :roll:
Kudos to Spykkie for finding my lost avatar :D
3kul

Postby Wiimeiser on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 am

We're more likely to see Earthbound on the Virtual Console than the Gameware Forums back up.
Wiimeiser

Postby Drlupinmario on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Wiimeiser wrote:We're more likely to see Earthbound on the Virtual Console than the Gameware Forums back up.

No, more likely to see Perfect dark on the virtual console.... Or DNF being released :cry:
Drlupinmario

Postby Wiimeiser on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 am

Earthbound isn't coming to VC due to copyright issues Nintendo is unwilling to solve largely because it means removing the game's battle theme. So there.
Wiimeiser

Return to Announcements & Reports