Forum Makeover Time!!! :D

Forum rules, news and updates will all be posted in here. It's also the place for members to post feedback and bug reports.

Re: Forum Makeover Time!!! :D

Postby Telinome on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

I think the brown one with no halo effect looks the best and the most natural.
Perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
Telinome

Postby Ghosthande on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 pm

I love the cream-colored one!
Resistance is boop

Ghosthande

Postby SpaceShipRat on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 am

I like the cream colour, but i also like how the other stands out, maybe you can add instead of a halo, a kind of shading around the letters, like on the current banner.
(and honestly, the triangle font sort of clashes with the roundess of egg et-cetera, but now I'm just nit-picking XD)
Edit: and the green one too, I somehow skipped that. Some kind of halo or shading around it would make it stand out from the background.
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Postby TreeSprite on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 am

I do like this one: http://i51.tinypic.com/e8312f.jpg Well done, Jessica! :D
Fae folk keep secrets too.
TreeSprite
Site Admin

Postby ternarylogic on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 am

The green one is my favorite followed by the cream. However I think the green text would look better with a green egg.

PS.. Does the current banner (the one in use) go funky for anyone else? It gets static on it sometimes, other times it is fine.
ternarylogic

Postby Jessica on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 am

Thanks for the comments! The clashiness of the triangle font and round egg was kind of intentional: Supposed to represent the different aspects of science and art, although I doubt anyone else sees that besides me. Ha ha! For now, I'm not going to post any more revisions: Hopefully the design is pretty well understood, and the coloring/shading effects can be finalized down the line, if it gets chosen to be used somehow. Does that work?

Ternarylogic, the banner always works fine for me: I'm not sure why it would show static for you sometimes? Strange!
Jessica

Postby SpaceShipRat on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:05 am

Hey Treesprite, since this doesen't seem to be going nowhere, I have a friend who occasionally does graphic design, and I'm going to acquire her services to help make a new theme.
Of course it'll be just a proposal like the others, but I figure we have to work something out quickly, if we don't want this forum to collapse for lack of new blood.

EDIT: oh, and I figure maybe she should have an account to post here, and read the suggestions. Can you make one, or turn on registrations for a day?
"Dress classy, dance cheesy!" -Psy
SpaceShipRat

Previous

Return to Announcements & Reports